POLISH SAUERKRAUT WITH MUSHROOMS
Polish Sauerkraut Ingredients:
- 1 c. sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 lg. onion, diced
- 1 (27 oz.) can sauerkraut
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil, bacon fat
- 1 tsp. caraway seed
- 1 c. water
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
1. Saute mushrooms and onion in 2 quart pot until onions are translucent.
2. Rinse sauerkraut 3 times in colander or pot. Let drain thoroughly.
3. Add sauerkraut to mushroom and onions, followed by water, caraway seed, salt and pepper.
4. Stir well and simmer for 20 minutes to 1/2 hour.
5. Serve without draining.
1. After 20 minutes remove from heat and drain...enjoy the Polish sauerkraut !